In some circumstances the Pyrusium installer fails. This is usually down to Windows permissions, firewalls or a failure to download individual installer components. Please work through the following:
Windows Permissions and Firewalls:
In order for Pyrusium installations and updates to work as expected, workstations need to be able to access the following locations:
The installer will download.Net 4.5 and VCRedist from Microsoft if not found.
The installer scope is ‘perMachine’ so updates will be made as follows:
- registry entries will be written to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- shortcuts will be added to the “all users” start menu
- application files saved to: Program Files and ProgramData
- log files written to C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData
It does this by displaying the UAC prompt and then running with elevated privileges. If the user can authorise UAC then writing to these folders should not be a problem.
The latest version of the installer is always located here: http://www.pyrusium.com/downloads/PyrusiumBundle.exe
For further detail on the installer process refer to this page: https://support.blackpear.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036927811-Pyrusium-Installation
Where the installer continues to fail please run through the following steps:
1. Install Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40784
2. Check the registry entry has been created:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VC\Runtimes\x86 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VC\Runtimes\x86
- DWORD Value: "Installed" with a value of 1
3. Download the following files and place them all in c:\temp:
4. Run c:\temp\PyrusiumBundle.exe. This should call the 2 .msi files from the local folder avoiding problems with accessing and downloading.