These instructions assume the existing responder has been installed using the deployment instructions, is deployed to C:\node\pyrusconnect-responder\ and is working correctly. This upgrade path is from any older version to v2.0.0. The responder-update-2.0.0.zip file contains the v2.0.0 deployment package and an upgrade script.
- Before commencing, stop the pyrusconnect-responder Windows service.
Note: responder v2.0.0 or greater requires version 18 of node.js.
To find out which version node.js is running Run a command prompt and enter the command:
Only if the reported version is prior to v18 follow these instructions to upgrade:
- Uninstall node.js using Windows Control Panel.
- Install the latest v18 installer from https://nodejs.org/download/release/v18.15.0/(select the 32-bit version, ending x86.msi). When running the installer Wizard accept the default options.
- Copy the file c:\node\node.exe.config to the folder to which node.exe was installed (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs), this is to fix a dependency issue
Updating the responder
- Download responder-update-2.0.0.zip and then extract into a temporary folder.
- Run a Command prompt "as Administrator" and change directory to the temporary update folder.
- Run responder-update.bat - this will unpack the deployment package
- Start the pyrusconnect-responder Windows service and (after a minute or so) check the logs
The batch file takes a copy of the responder config file, deletes log files & old node modules, unpacks the v2.0.0 zip file, then restores the config file.