Black Pear Software pyrusconnect-responder is a node.js application that interacts with TPP SystmOne clinical system via its desktop API. It must be deployed to a dedicated Microsoft Windows unattended workstation, or preferably a server, alongside the TPP SystmOne clinical system. It runs as a Windows service under the LOCALSYSTEM account (if required, a specific user account may be assigned to the service after installing). Installation will require elevated privileges.
- Microsoft Windows 10 or above, hardware specification to support the clinical system
- .Net Framework 4.5
- TPP SystemOne
- It is important to have Time Zone set to London with Daylight Saving. Regional settings, language and date format set to English (UK) - ensure settings are copied to system accounts by clicking Copy settings from the Administrative tab
- The service must have a network route to tatooine.blackpear.thirdparty.nhs.uk on port 5671
Download and run the latest v10 installer from https://nodejs.org/download/release/latest-v10.x/ (select the 32-bit version, ending x86.msi). When running the installer Wizard accept the default options.
- Create folder C:\node\ for the deployment
- Download https://blackpear.com/downloads/pyrusConnect/responder-1.6.4.zip
- Extract the contents of the zip file to C:\node, a subfolder for pyrusconnect-responder should be created
- Copy the file c:\node\node.exe.config to the folder to which node.exe was installed (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs), this is to fix a dependency issue
- Copy the correct responder configuration settings to c:\node\pyrusconnect-responder\config\default.json. Ensure clinicalSystemQueue is set to the correct values for your deployment.
- From a Windows Command Prompt (Run As Administrator) change folder to C:\node\pyrusconnect-responder\ and run node index install to create and start the Windows service
The responder service will now appear in the Windows services list (under the name provided in responder config file) and can be checked/controlled from the Windows Services control panel app.
After a minute or so ensure the Windows service is still running. Check log files in C:\node\pyrusconnect-responder\ for any errors, also check the daemon subfolder for an error log. A Black Pear engineer can check if the installation is successfully connected to the data centre.
To uninstall the Windows service simply run node index uninstall from the pyrusconnect-responder folder (similar to the install step above). Then manually delete folder C:\node\. Node.js can be uninstalled via Windows Control Panel.