Product Manager error messages on starting Pyrusium:
On starting Pyrusium, a check is done to see if there is an update required. You may get an error message if that check has failed. There are several points of failure:
If you see a message that looks like the following:
1. Firstly confirm that the code in the brackets represented by X above, is your ODS code. If this looks incorrect then this has been entered incorrectly during installation and needs to be corrected. This can be corrected by going to c:\program files\black pear software\pyrusium.exe.config and replacing the practice code with the correct one.
<add key="product.ClientCode" value="X" />
2. If this looks correct, please contact Black Pear Software to ensure that the organisation has been configured at their side. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with this request.
Another point of failure, is that the Product Manager service is not running. You will see this message:
3. Please go to Services and start the Black Pear Product Manager Service.
4. Finally if there is a proxy in place at the practice, you will need to adjust the service file as follows:
- Go to services
- Stop the service: Black Pear Product Manager
- Within the service properties, assign credentials to Log On with
- Save the properties
- Restart the service
Regarding the Log On account, the local IT team may need to think about the account they use for this taking into consideration potential password changes.