Product Manager error messages on starting Pyrusium:
On starting Pyrusium, a check is done to see if there is an update required. You may get an error message if that check has failed. There are several points of failure:
If you see a message that looks like the following:
1. Firstly confirm that the code in the brackets represented by X above, is your ODS code. If this looks incorrect then this has been entered incorrectly during installation and needs to be corrected. This can be corrected by going to c:\program files\black pear software\pyrusium.exe.config and replacing the practice code with the correct one.
<add key="product.ClientCode" value="X" />
2. If this looks correct, please contact Black Pear Software to ensure that the organisation has been configured at their side. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with this request.
Another point of failure, is that the Product Manager service is not running. You will see this message:
3. Please go to Services and start the Black Pear Product Manager Service.
4. Finally if there is a proxy in place at the practice, you will need to adjust the service file as follows:
- Go to services
- Stop the service: Black Pear Product Manager
- Within the service properties, assign credentials to Log On with
- Save the properties
- Restart the service
Regarding the Log On account, the local IT team may need to think about the account they use for this taking into consideration potential password changes.
An alternative Product Manager error could be the "An Unhandled Exception Occurred":-
This again is usually caused by a misconfiguration of the Pyrusium.exe.Config, that can be resolved by updating the file. To update the file Administrator access maybe required that can be obtained by your IT Services.
To check if there is a misconfiguration within the file complete the following:-
- Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Pear Software\Pyrusium\Pyrusium.exe.config
- If prompt open the file using Notepad.exe
- Within the file look for the section that states <add key="product.A12345" value="HCV" /> **A12345 is used for example purposes and SHOULD display your ODS code**
- This should display <add key="product.ClientCode" value="A12345" />
- Once the file has been saved simply save the file and retest Pyrusium, you should now find the the error is no longer existent.
Again, If this looks correct, please contact Black Pear Software to ensure that the organisation has been configured at their side. Email email@example.com with this request.