Accessing eSP from within the GP Practice
1. Log in to your GP clinical system.
2. Open the patient for whom you would like to create a shared plan.
3. Open Pyrusium located on the start menu:
4. For the first time, you will be prompted to log in using your Black Pear licensing credentials. After the first time, you will be logged in automatically as your credentials attach to your clinical system login:
5. You will see a landing page. Select the appropriate service i.e. eSP - Devon:
6. On entry into eSP - Devon, the app will pick up the currently open patient within the GP clinical system. Alternatively, click on the “Find Patient’ button to search for the required patient:
Enter patient details for the record you wish to retrieve and then click ‘Search’:
A list of patients that satisfy the search criteria will be displayed. Select the required patient from the list:
7. A list of available shared plans for the Devon service will be displayed. Next to each of the shared plans, is a number indicating the number of forms there are for a particular plan type.
Where there are no plans, click the + button to create a new plan or click the ‘eye’ button to amend or view an existing plan:
8. On creation of a new form for a new patient, you will be presented with the first fields to complete e.g. Consent to share
9. The full form will be presented. Choose the sections you wish to complete, saving the sub-forms as required. After you have entered the information you wish to enter, click the Save button at the bottom of the form.
10. Click ‘Save’ to save the document back to the clinical system and to the central repository. Wait until you see both sections turn green:
11. A PDF entry is written back to the clinical system with a specified selection of Read/SNOMED codes:
Accessing eSP outside of GP Practices:
1. Currently only available within N3 endpoints, other Health Care Professionals can access the shared plans by browsing within a modern browser (e.g. IE v11+, Chrome) to https://pyrusapps.blackpear.com.
2. Log in with your Black Pear credentials:
3. Once logged in, functionality to view and amend records is as per the GP practices. On saving the records, the information is saved to the central repository and a notification is sent back to the GP Practice to review the changes and accept back to the GP record.
To accept amendments back into a GP record:
1. Where HCPs outside of the GP practice have made amendments, a nominated email address will receive a notification to indicate that a record has been adjusted.
2. On receipt of this email, open the main clinical system (if not already open) and then open Pyrusium. At the top of the screen, there will be message saying there are records to be reviewed:
3. Click on “Click here” to display the list of amended records. Click on the Review button:
4. Amendments made to the form will display in blue. This enables the GP to know what changes are writing back to the patient record when records are amended outside a practice.
Note: The following screenshots are of an eSP EPaCCS record – as an eSP, the Comp Assess will work in the same way.
5. After viewing the changes, exit the form by clicking the Done button. Click the Accept button to save the changes back to the main clinical system: